Monday, September 5, 2011

Our Story - Part Deux (Lara's Version)

So, Tracy about summed it up yesterday!  We are those people that just clicked.  I think maybe we were separated at birth.  I mean, we even share a birthday.  So what, it's 2 years apart?  I think Tracy really is 30, she just doesn't want to admit to it!
Ten years now, we have spent being best friends.  For almost 6 of those, I lived in another state.  She is the one person, no matter our individual locations, that I can call and chat with about anything.  And I mean anything.  We have been through college, boyfriends, weddings, marriages (ok, not completely through with those....definitely an ongoing process for the both of us), babies, deaths of family members, lots of tears, but even more laughter. 
She is one of the few people in life that I know I can trust.   On my wedding day, when my photographer didn't show up, she picked up a camera and started shooting.  And she didn't even get upset when  at her wedding, I was sporting WAY too short of a haircut and a lovely farmer sunburn in a strapless dress.
She  reminds me to be
kinder, more patient, more forgiving, more organized.  She amazes me with her creativity and ability to be super thrifty.  I am blessed that "we just clicked".  I am thankful for it everyday. 
So, although that is the incredibly condensed version, that pretty much takes care of it.  Best friends, Partners in Crime, Sisters at Heart.  And I am pretty sure at some point we will be cellmates! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment