Friday, August 5, 2011

My First Reveal

Yesterday, I promised you a look at my very first reveal.  Here she is:

Forgive the sad point & shoot pictures.  Remember that teeny, tiny budget I mentioned yesterday?  Well, it does not allow for a super awesome camera or photography classes.  At least not yet.


I used Valspar Premium Paint with primer included for the body of the dresser.  The top has a nice stained finish by MinWax in Dark Walnut with a poly coat.  Since this is a "Chest on Chest", I stained the ledge betweened the top and bottom to break up the color a bit.  I originally thought about changing the hardware, but once the paint and antiquing was finished, the original hardware was just perfect. 


The items on the top of the dresser are all recent aquisitions.  The Mason jar is a sneak peek from a future project.  The bell was picked up at a yard sale for $1.00.  See, that's more in my budget.


The picture frame was found in an old junk shop, painted and stained.  The ironstone platter was another junk store find for only $2.  The topiary was a decorative ball from a yard sale that I covered in some moss, and the wooden candle stick that it's on was a Goodwill find for $3.  That joker is solid wood! :)


The photo in the frame is by a very talented friend and photographer, Molly, with Red Fly Studio.  Check out her site and blog here: www.theredflystudio.com


So, here is Bath.  I hope you like her as much as I do.    I know that she will be hanging around here for quite a while.

2 comments:

  1. Lara, I love everything about this picture. The dresser...beautiful. The empty frame with the plate inside (I love to hang plates too), all of it. Good work! - Julie @ The Family CEO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Julie! Hope to have some new work up soon! Have been reading through your blog.... very inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete