Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Here We Go Again

Don't you just hate it when the day doesn't go as you had planned?  The morning you had planned to sleep in, the baby wakes you at 5am.  The load of clothes you crammed into the dryer somehow magically didn't dry like you assumed that it should.  The syrup caked in the hair of your three  year old on the morning that you don't have time to stop and shampoo a  mop of curls.  The furniture project that just doesn't quite work like you thought it would.

Okay, maybe this isn't you.  It is me, however.  I am a planner.  I live on a plan.  I know when and where I am going, and exactly how much time I have to get there.  And I don't like being interrupted on my way. 

I used to think (and to be honest sometimes still do) that having a rigid plan is the best way to get anything done.  However, I have learned in the last few years, that sometimes the plans that get waylaid end up with the best results.

I have seen this numerous times in my own life, especially since having kids.  Sometimes MY plan is not THE plan.  A time schedule has not ever been more loosely defined than a summer day in my home.  You just never know exactly what's going to happen around here. 

But that's okay.  Or at least I am trying to convince myself that it is.  I am making a determined effort to go with the flow.  In fact, you could say that I am planning on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment