Sunday, August 7, 2011

A New Found Love

Ok, I know you are going to think I am crazy.  Sometimes, I think I am crazy.  Back a few  months ago, I set out again, looking for the perfect yardsale treasure with 2 children in tow.  Ok, maybe that does make me crazy.  But that wasn't what I was talking about.  

While driving around searching for yard sales (which with me means I got lost and was just trying to find my way back into town), I came up on this run down little shop with some furniture sitting out front.  On a whim, I decided that this looked promising.  I lugged the kiddos out of the car, and started perusing the lovelies.  Ok, well potential lovelies.

As we made our way inside, I spotted a beautiful buffet, but she was sold already, for a meager $30.  Uh, my heart was aching that I missed out on her.  But then, in the corner of the room, buried under dust and miscellaneous junk, I spot these super sexy legs.

So, maybe right then they were the equivilent of sexy legs with a bad spray tan, but I would make them sexy again.  I couldn't even see the whole piece, but when I asked the proprietor what he would take for her, he said, "$20".  Ah, my aching heart was mended. 


Really?  This beauty for only $20?  Sold!

So, we loaded her up  and hauled her home.  I let her sit with me for a couple of months, and the more I looked, the more I fell for her.  I then decided that the wobbly glass and metal computer desk we were currently using had made it to the end of it's days.  She was to be my new desk.


Look at those scars.  I can only imagine what all this desk has seen.  Well, I am sure she wasn't always a desk.  A vanity was her beginning.  Holding pretty glass bottles of perfume, and a nice silver vanity brush set.  Of course, that was her beginning.  A lot has happened between then and when she became part of my family. 


In fact, I know that a lot has happened.  How do I know that?  Because of what I found inside, when I pulled out the drawers to clean them.  But that's for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment